About Us

My photo
We are currently a waiting family on our journey to becoming parents. This blog was started in hopes of keeping all our friends and family up to date on all things adoption. It has become that as well as a place for me to share our feelings and/or frustrations and a way for us to let off some steam every once in a while! Thank you all for your love and support!

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Waiting Families Meeting and week 3

So, the running is going really well!  I have one more run this week and I will be done with week 3 of the C25K.   I was sick yesterday and recovering today so tomorrow I should be ready to get my last run done!!  I feel great and so proud of myself.  I have not given up, even with the leg cramps that I have been battling.  I do think they are getting better.  I only have to make sure that I drink enough water to float away and stretch really well after.  Only thing that I would like to see happen a lot faster is weight/inches disappearing!
On another note...the other night we went to a waiting families meeting at the adoption agency.  They have these meetings every 3 months or so to get waiting adoptive families together to talk about different topics.  This particular meeting was about openness in adoption.  I know that this sounds very scary to most people, it sounded scary to us too.  But as we listened to the 3 adoptive families that had come to speak, we realized what an amazing relationship can be formed.  We were scared about wether we wanted to increase our openness on our profile.  We stayed after the meeting and met with our case worker and talked to one of the families.  They helped us to realize that as long as we were open to more openness, we could discuss and negotiate with the birthmother about how much openness there would actually beAfter talking to our caseworker and this other adoptive couple we are very happy with our desicion to increase our openness.  This will hopefully increase our chances of being chosen by a birthmother.  Because, our profile was shown 3 more times in the last 2 months.  Maybe had we said we were willing to discuss more openness we may have been chosen.  But of course God has a plan and this was the path that we needed to take to be 100% comfortable with discussing more of an open adoption.  We will take it all one day at a time, start the relationship with the birthmother slow and see what evolves!!!