About Us

My photo
We are currently a waiting family on our journey to becoming parents. This blog was started in hopes of keeping all our friends and family up to date on all things adoption. It has become that as well as a place for me to share our feelings and/or frustrations and a way for us to let off some steam every once in a while! Thank you all for your love and support!

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fall is here!!!

 I know, I know, it has been a long time!  A few things have happened over the summer!  I contiued to follow my C25k plan and  I ran 2 5k races!  The first one was the Color Run and it was amazing!  We ran with my brother Ben and sis-in-law, Jessica.  We have been following the same running plan and really kept each other going!  The Color Run was in August and than we ran the Run Wild 5k at the Detroit Zoo a few weeks ago!  That weekend was great because we had a very full house!  9 adults and 3 kids in our little house.  Rick made everyone is fabulous chicken fajitas and we hung out.  We ran our race and than went to the zoo!  It was a great time.  We also spent a great long weekend camping and going to Nascar with wonderful friends in August.  Also, I just got a new job that will NOT require me to work nights and weekends.  If you know me, you know how incredible this is for me!  I have been searching for this.
Our adoption agency is making some changes to their website in October which will be great for us.  We have some work to do to get together additional photos to start our own photo gallery as part of our online profile!  We can also post video if we choose as well!  It should be very cool once it is all up and running.  Anything that we can do to get more info about us out there, the better.  With this change to our profile we will have the opportunity to add photos to tell our story.  Now, we are not the best at taking pictures of ourselves so it may be a little challenging but I think we have some good stuff to get us started.  And like before we will probably ask our original profile photographers (Kistin and Jessica) to help us get a few more photos!  Also, you will probably see me with a camera attached to me asking everyone to take our picture everywhere we go.  We recently went to an amazing waiting family meeting to hear birthmothers talk.  The birthmothers were all saying how important these pictures are.  "Pictures are worth a thousand words"  That is what one birthmom kept saying.  So, now with the new online photo gallery, we have a huge opportunity to tell birthmoms about who we are!  As always, thank you for your thoughts and prayers!  I know that He is working on answering them!