About Us

My photo
We are currently a waiting family on our journey to becoming parents. This blog was started in hopes of keeping all our friends and family up to date on all things adoption. It has become that as well as a place for me to share our feelings and/or frustrations and a way for us to let off some steam every once in a while! Thank you all for your love and support!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

On my way to becoming a runner!

So I think that this blog is turning into me writing about more than the adoption.  I hope that you all don't mind!  If all I do is focus on how long this process feels or spend all my time waiting for that phone call, I think I might go insane.  I have recently started the couch to 5k program and I am loving it.  I am on week 2 of the program and I am so very proud of myself!  I never thought that i would be able to run or actually love doing it.  It has certainly helped me to let go and relax lately, at least the 30 minutes that I am running it does.  When I go out to run all I can focus on is breathing and getting through each interval.  I think that is why  I am loving it so much.  We have signed up for a 5k called the color run with my brother and sister-in-law in Grand Rapids, so it gives us something to work towards and look forward to.  I can't wait to be able to say that I ran a 5k!
As always....Thank you for your prayers and support.  Please keep it coming!  We need all that we can get!!!