About Us

My photo
We are currently a waiting family on our journey to becoming parents. This blog was started in hopes of keeping all our friends and family up to date on all things adoption. It has become that as well as a place for me to share our feelings and/or frustrations and a way for us to let off some steam every once in a while! Thank you all for your love and support!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Adoption garage sale!!!!!

We have finally decided on the dates for our garage sale to help with our adoption expenses. The garage sale will be Friday August 5th to Sunday August 7th. It should be quit the garage sale. Between Rick and I we have enough Express clothes to fill a couple closets as well as tons of other great stuff.
We have had so many people donate items to us to sell in the sale. We have felt so much support from the people that have donated as well as everyone that has been passing on our story. I hope that you all know how much you touch my heart. It is such an amazing feeling, to feel the support of having everyone in your corner. Thank you!
Today at work, I was helping a patient that was picking up her glasses. I was telling her about how Rick and I are about to start our adoption journey. She began to tell me about her struggles with trying to have a baby. Her and her husband have been married for 63 years. They never had any children. She held my hand and said she would say a prayer. I told her about my blog and about the "chip in" button. I told her that I told my friends that all we need is 5000 people to donate $1 and we would have a great start to what we need for this adoption. After I adjusted her glasses she handed me $1 and said "Here go sweetie, here's my $1" I was so touched by this woman. She was so sweet. I started to tear up, my co-worker started to tear up and then my customer started to tear up. She told me that I had to promise to let her know what is going on. I told her that of course I will!
I am just so overwhelmed by the support that we are already recieving, it is amazing!