About Us

My photo
We are currently a waiting family on our journey to becoming parents. This blog was started in hopes of keeping all our friends and family up to date on all things adoption. It has become that as well as a place for me to share our feelings and/or frustrations and a way for us to let off some steam every once in a while! Thank you all for your love and support!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

My first post! Our first steps to adoption.

Hello everyone!!!! So, I wanted to create this blog so that I could talk about everything that we go through as we take our journey through the adoption process. I wanted a way to be able to keep family and friends involved in what happens. I am not a writer so I apologize if my thoughts are hard to follow. I will try to keep myself organized!
Rick and I have been to several adoption agencies to talk to them and ask questions. We have done plenty of research online as well as talk to several couples that we know that have been through the process. We have one more agency that we will be meeting with in a few weeks. Once we have met with them we will be able to make a decision about which agency we want to work with. After that we will hopefully begin our home study!!! This will be a long but exciting process as we create a profile and do networking of our own to make sure everyone knows that we want to adopt a baby! Your thoughts, prayers and support are greatly appreciated as we navigate our way through this process!
I also created a link for people to "chip in" and help us jump start our process. We have had many discussions recently around the idea of fundraisers to help with the cost of adoption. We are not really into the idea of a big fundraiser, but we do acknowledge that we could use a little help. With that being said, we are working on a date for a garage sale! We are thinking of a weekend in August. Between the two of us we have enough stuff tucked away in this house to get us started! If any of you have anything you would like to donate to our garage sale to help us out we would really appreciate it! As soon as we decide on the dates for the garage sale, I will let you know!!